Get to know 100 Christian apologists. Most are current. Some are dead. A couple are very old. Some are not popular. They range from world-class philosophers and thinkers to internet and radio apologists. But all have made an impact with their works and ministries. They are in alphabetical order. (This is not a top 100, and theologians and church fathers have been left out.)
1. Kerby Anderson – VP of International Society of Christian Apologetics.
2. John Ankerberg – Founder of Ankerberg Theological Research Institute; Great podcast.
3. Greg Bahnsen – the late great presuppositional apologist. Debated Gordon Stein.
4. Andy Bannister – London School of Theology / Oxford Centre for Christian apologetics.
5. Francis Beckwith – noted philosopher and apologist, especially in the area of ethics.
6. Ken Boa – relational evangelism, discipleship, apologetics.
7. Darrell Bock – Research Professor of NT Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary.
8. Joe Boot – apologist, educator, author and pastor.
9. Robert Bowman – noted apologetics and theology teacher (Biola)
10. Justin Brierley – host of Unbelievable? on Premier Christian Radio, UK.
11. Kyle Butt – staff at Apologetics Press and editor of Discovery magazine. Debated Barker.
12. Ted Cabal – general editor of The Apologetics Study Bible.
13. Charlie Campbell – itinerant apologist and head of AlwaysBeReady.com.
14. Edward John Carnell – was a prominent and influential Christian theologian and apologist.
15. G.K. Chesterton – famous author, philosopher, theologian, apologist.
16. David K. Clark – apologist with notable books; teaches at Bethel Seminary
17. Gordon Clark – Christian philosopher, apologist, and theologian. Contemporary of Van Til.
18. Kelly James Clark – notable philosopher of religion, author; Calvin College.
19. Gene Cook – host of UnchainedRadio; reformed pastor and apologist. Owns a pit bull.
20. Paul Copan – Philosophy and ethics; noted apologist and author.
21. Winfried Corduan – Christian philosopher of religion; noted author.
22. Steven B. Cowan – Associate director of Apologetics Resource Center; Areopagus Journal
23. William Lane Craig – philosopher, theologian, apologist; Debater par excellence.
24. William Dembski – philosopher of science and mathematician; ID theorist.
25. William Edgar – Professor of Apologetics Westminster Theological Seminary; jazz pianist.
26. Lenny Esposito – founder of ComeReason apologetics ministry.
27. C. Stephen Evans – philosophy of religion; apologetics; great author. Baylor.
28. Paul D. Feinberg – the late philosopher of religion and apologist; author.
29. Harold Felder – founder of GivingAnAnswer apologetics ministry.
30. Phil Fernandes – Christian philosopher, apologist, debater. Tremendous audio resources.
31. John Frame – Reformed Theological Seminary; reformed apologist; Van Til expert.
32. Norman Geisler – prolific author of over 70 books; Classical apologist.
33. R. Douglas Geivett – Professor of Philosophy Talbot Department of Philosophy / Biola
34. Simon Greenleaf – legal scholar famous for his book Testimony of the Evangelists.
35. Douglas Groothuis – Christian philosopher, author, teacher.
36. Shandon L. Guthrie – philosophy, apologetics, atheism, comparative religions, ethics.
37. Gary Habermas – the world’s foremost expert on the resurrection of Jesus.
38. Hank Hanegraaff – today’s Bible Answer Man.
39. Craig Hazen – director of Biola’s Christian Apologetics program.
40. J.P. Holding – founded Tektonics apologetics website; author.
41. Anthony Horvath – Athanatos Christian Ministries and online Apologetics Academy.
42. Phillip E. Johnson – one of the key leaders of the Intelligent Design movement.
43. Walter Kaiser – scholar, writer, educator, and distinguished Professor of Old Testament.
44. Timothy Keller – urban pastor and apologist noted for his clear communication.
45. Greg Koukl – apologist and president of Stand to Reason; excellent radio program.
46. Peter Kreeft – professor of philosophy at Boston College, noted apologist.
47. John Lennox – philosopher of science, mathematician, Oxford debater of Dawkins.
48. C.S. Lewis – famous author, lecturer, apologist; Narnia books, Mere Christianity.
49. Gordon Lewis – philosopher and theologian; author of Testing Christianity’s Truth Claims.
50. Mike Licona – historian and apologist; authority on the resurrection of Jesus.
51. Bruce Little – philosopher noted for work on the problem of evil and theodicy.
52. Paul Little – late apologist and author noted for his simple style and easy communication.
53. David Marshall – world cultures, outspoken against new atheism.
54. Walter Martin – most famous for his Kingdom of the Cults book; the original Answer Man.
55. Stuart McAllister – Scottish itinerant cultural apologist with RZIM.
56. Josh McDowell – famous for Evidence that Demands a Verdict.
57. Sean McDowell – worldview youth minister / itinerant apologist.
58. Alex McFarland – itinerant apologist targeting young people, teens.
59. Timothy McGrew – philosophy, historical apologetics, resurrection, probability.
60. Alister McGrath – Oxford professor of theology, author and opponent of new atheism.
61. Chad Meister – philosopher of religion, ethics, logic; apologist, author; Bethel College.
62. Angus Menuge – Concordia University professor of philosophy.
63. Stephen Meyer -philosopher of science, intelligent design theorist, author.
64. Albert Mohler – president of SBTS, worldview cultural commentator, author, radio host.
65. John Warwick Montgomery – perhaps the most famous evidentialist apologist.
66. J.P. Moreland – Christian philosopher, noted author, apologist.
67. Jonathan Morrow – blogger, author and Christian worldview apologist.
68. Ronald Nash – Professor Philosophy and Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary
69. Randall Niles – itinerant and multimedia apologist.
70. David Noebel – founder of Summit Ministries and worldview apologist.
71. Scott Oliphint – Professor of Apologetics and Systematic Theology WTS
72. Amy Orr-Ewing – Director of Training of the Zacharias Trust.
73. Craig Parton – trial lawyer and noted Lutheran apologist.
74. Alvin Plantinga – world-class philosopher; reformed epistemology, philosophy of religion.
75. Doug Powell – excellent multimedia apologist at SelflessDefense.
76. Michael Ramsden – European Director of Zacharias Trust, speaker for RZIM.
77. Fazale Rana – PhD biochemist with Reasons to Believe.
78. Ron Rhodes – author and apologist founder of Reasoning from the Scriptures.
79. John W. Robbins – reformed apologist, founder of Trinity Foundation.
80. Mark D. Roberts – pastor, author, speaker, blogger. Emphasis in NT / Gospels.
81. David Robertson – Scottish pastor famous/notorious for his Dawkins Letters.
82. Hugh Ross – astrophysicist apologist and old Earth creationist; founder Reasons to Believe.
83. Kenneth Samples – reformed philosopher, theologian, apologist with Reasons to Believe.
84. Francis Schaeffer – famous late cultural apologist, author, philosopher; founder of L’Abri.
85. Mary Jo Sharp – author, apologist, debater; founder of Confident Christianity.
86. James Sire – influential worldview author, apologist, and speaker.
87. Matt Slick – founder of CARM.org, one of the best apologetics encyclopedias on the web.
88. R.C. Sproul – notable theologian, author, and classical apologist.
89. Don Stewart – prolific author, apologist, and host of the Bible Explorer.
90. Lee Strobel – journalist famous for his Case for Christ series of books; popular apologist.
91. Richard Swinburne – world-class Oxford philosopher of religion; author.
92. Frank Turek – itinerant apologist and founder of CrossExamined; debated Hitchens.
93. Cornelius Van Til – the most famous presuppositional reformed apologist.
94. Jim Wallace – cold case detective, pastor, and apologist; excellent podcast.
95. James White – theologian, author, prolific debater, and reformed apologist.
96. Dallas Willard – Christian philosopher; notable works in philosophy, discipleship,
97. Peter S. Williams – Christian philosopher; notable works countering Dawkins
98. Douglas Wilson – presuppositional apologist; number of atheist debates (Hitchens, Barker)
99. N.T. Wright – Bishop of Durham; notable work on the resurrection.
100. Ravi Zacharias -perhaps today’s most notable international cultural apologist.